Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hopeless Romantic

Is it possible to have too much love to give? To be too full of love? I am overflowing with no outlet. All I have wanted is to love and be loved. Maybe it is a fairy tale, something that people dream about... to love and be loved in the capacity I am capable of. Maybe it is an impossible dream, to give myself to one so completely, entirely. But I end up intimidating, scaring and overwhelming . Is there anyone capable of handling my love? My passion? I want to give, in mind, body and spirit. I will spoil my Love with compliments, gifts, sweet nothings, surprises. I love to do these things, it makes me giddy with excitement. Love notes in the shower, cards in the car, special birthdays, impromptu travels, let's make love in the rain! Let me scheme and plan for you, cook for you, let me do for you. I want to make you happy. It comes so naturally to me, so easily to me.
I must be too much, I must overwhelm. The hopeless romantic, ready to give love so easily. Where does love lie? Why can't it be mine? How is it I have so much to give and yet it is never easily received or returned? I have no where to put this love, it's a force I struggle with every day, my heart aches with it, breaks with it. Do I love myself? Romance myself? Ah yes, I do do that. I treat myself, spoil myself, adore myself, I do love myself. I think I am worthy of such love. But one can do that for just so long before the longing for touch and companionship becomes too great to ignore. I want to be held, caressed, kissed. I want to share my giddiness, my silliness, my romance and passion. I feel as though I am imprisoned in my love. My love and passion are my battlements, an intimidating wall keeping me inside. Will there ever be someone strong enough, brave enough to set me free? Yet when set free I am a hurricane of passion and love, my force ends up destroying, I am too much. Nothing can contain me. Nothing can hold me. No one is strong enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment