Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chasing Demons and Pulling Their Tails.

Did I disappoint you?
Have I let you down?
I let you in,
You looked around.

Was it not what you expected?
Did I not give enough?
What the hell happened?
Did I give you too much?

I trusted you,
You discarded that trust.
I am too delicate
And you are too rough.

Again I am the fool,
Again I am burned.
Left alone in my head,
Battered and hurt.

I shrink into my darkness.
I can't be harmed there.
It is my safe place,
I won't hurt if I don't care.

Same old hungers,
Impossible dreams.
I want to be known,
I need to be seen.

4 comments:

  1. Almost like a song. Quite pretty even in its slight anger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. angst, desire, love, pain, hunger, betrayal, beauty...... thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, wow. This is so raw in it's truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this my bug. It is beautiful and raw!

    ReplyDelete